Interview Questions for Industrial Painters:
1. A client wants you to apply a new layer of paint over a wall. What do you do?
Candidates should describe how they would remove the old paint first and ensure the surface is smooth before they apply a new layer. Look for candidates who describe using masking, grit blast, or chemical rinses to clean a wall.
2. A client is unhappy with your work. What do you do?
Candidates should describe how they utilize good listening skills in order to understand what is wanted by the client and minimize miscommunication.
3. What, in your opinion, is the most important quality in an industrial painter?
Candidates should list attention to detail and concentration as the most important qualities in an industrial painter.
4. How do you ensure that you comply with safety standards on the job?
Candidates should describe how they ensure that they understand all the rules of their environment and bring with them safety gear such as goggles and suits. Look for a methodical approach to safety.
5. Describe a time when you made a mistake in your duties. How did you rectify it?
Candidates should acknowledge the importance of diligence in their duties and how oversight can lead to costly mistakes and re-painting. Look for stories where candidates erred, rectified their error, and learned a valuable lesson from the experience.