Industrial Maintenance Technicians are skilled mechanics that install, repair, and maintain industrial machinery. They usually work in manufacturing plants or small factories where they ensure the smooth running of in-house production equipment.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Industrial Maintenance Technician Job Description Template
We are looking for a skilled Industrial Maintenance Technician to oversee the installation and maintenance of our industrial equipment. As an Industrial Maintenance Technician, you will be responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of our machinery and mechanical equipment. This will include installing new equipment, performing regular services and maintenance procedures, and troubleshooting equipment breakdowns.
To ensure success as an Industrial Maintenance Technician, you should have advanced mechanical knowledge of industrial machinery, excellent troubleshooting skills, and good time-management skills. Ultimately, a top-class Industrial Maintenance Technician boosts production by ensuring all production equipment functions correctly and receives regular maintenance.
Industrial Maintenance Technician Responsibilities:
- Reading and interpreting engineering blueprints.
- Installing new production equipment.
- Servicing and maintaining equipment including motors, conveyor systems, transmission systems, and production-related equipment.
- Inspecting and assessing the functionality of production machines.
- Troubleshooting mechanical breakdowns.
- Adjusting mechanical parts using hand and machine tools.
- Fabricating parts for repairs and machine upgrades.
- Conducting routine maintenance and safety checks.
- Communicating with the production team and maintaining a clean work area.
- Preparing and submitting maintenance reports.
Industrial Maintenance Technician Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar field.
- Previous work experience as an Industrial Maintenance Technician.
- In-depth knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems maintenance.
- Knowledge of parametric and industrial control systems.
- Familiarity with OSHA safety standards and regulations.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Basic computer and report writing skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to lift and manipulate heavy equipment.
- Good time-management skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources