Industrial Maintenance Technicians are responsible for installing and maintaining industrial equipment in plants and production facilities. They are hired to ensure the production equipment receives regular maintenance and to troubleshoot mechanical breakdowns.
When interviewing Industrial Maintenance Technicians, suitable candidates will have in-depth knowledge of electrical and mechanical maintenance, excellent troubleshooting skills, and effective time-management skills. Be wary of candidates with poor communication skills and those who are not able to lift and manipulate heavy machinery.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Industrial Maintenance Technicians:
1. What systems should be in place to ensure production equipment functions to specification?
Reveals knowledge of inspection and maintenance procedures.
2. What safety procedures should be considered before dismantling production equipment?
Indicates knowledge of state safety regulations and procedures.
3. What techniques should you use to diagnose a mechanical failure in a drive belt system?
Demonstrates the candidate’s analytical skills and knowledge of mechanical systems.
4. Why is it important to communicate minor mechanical issues to the production team?
Reveals knowledge of industrial processes and the importance of reducing down-time.
5. Can you tell me about a time when you completed a major equipment overhaul while still maintaining strong production rates?
Reveals industry experience and highlights the candidate’s skills.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources