An Intensive Care Unit (ICU) Nurse is a registered nurse who specializes in delivering care to patients in intensive care units of hospitals and healthcare facilities. Their duties include evaluating the patient’s conditions, administering treatment, and providing constant support during recovery.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
ICU Nurse Job Description Template:
We are searching for a dedicated Intensive Care Unit (ICU) Nurse to deliver vital care to seriously ill or injured patients in our ICU department. As a specialized nurse, you will be highly trained to treat patients who have suffered strokes, heart attacks, or undergone invasive surgery.
You will perform a range of tasks including performing diagnostic tests, conducting follow-up visits, monitoring patient recovery, and responding to medical emergencies. In addition to having a highly-analytical mindset, our ideal candidate will also possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Evaluate and monitor the patient’s progress.
- Identify sudden or subtle changes in a patient’s medical condition.
- Deliver regular updates to doctors, patients, and their family members.
- Begin treatment and monitor doses.
- If necessary, respond to a medical emergency and alert the appropriate doctors.
- Care for patient needs throughout their recovery in the ICU unit.
- Complete all necessary paperwork before transferring a patient.
- Maintain patient records.
- Create and implement effective care plans.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or a relevant field.
- At least 5 years’ experience as an ICU Nurse or critical care unit.
- Good understanding of health information structures and technology.
- Available to work 12-hour day and night shifts.
- Demonstrate brilliant empathy and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a stressful and emotional environment.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources