Homemakers, also known as housekeepers and household managers, organize and oversee all of the activities needed for the day-to-day running of households and estates, as well as manage other domestic concerns.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Homemaker Job Description Template
We are looking for an experienced homemaker who can cook, clean and offer professional childcare. Other responsibilities include scheduling and overseeing lawn and household maintenance, laundry, basic interior design, and managing other household staff. Homemakers can expect to buy food and household supplies, settle various bills, and budget and control expenditures.
Successful candidates should have a broad knowledge of family and consumer sciences, basic mathematics, nutrition, child development and psychology. Ideal candidates will have numerous references, years’ of experience and a warm but professional approach to the work.
- Doing the weekly grocery shopping.
- Setting and monitoring budgets.
- Cleaning, cooking and doing the laundry.
- Scheduling and overseeing property maintenance.
- Coordinating other household management activities.
- Caring for children.
- Advising household owners in housekeeping matters.
- Staying up-to-date nutrition and hygiene.
- High school diploma.
- 5+ years' experience.
- Certificate in First Aid.
- Numerous references.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources