Help Desk Manager Job Description Template
We are looking for an experienced help desk manager to oversee our desktop support team in providing exemplary technical support to our clients. You will be responsible for training, supporting, and leading your team. You will also be required to manage ticket escalation and resolve any technical issues.
To be successful as a help desk manager you should have excellent interpersonal and conflict management skills. Ultimately, a top-notch help desk manager should be able to ensure that our clients receive professional and efficient technical support.
Help Desk Manager Responsibilities:
- Managing and supporting a team of help desk technicians.
- Mentoring your team, providing training, and conducting performance evaluations.
- Monitoring team performance and developing feedback reports for management.
- Communicating with clients and providing in-person and phone support, if required.
- Troubleshooting and resolving technical issues.
- Managing escalations and ensuring any issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Making recommendations to improve operational efficiency.
Help Desk Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field.
- At least two years of experience as a Help Desk Manager or in a technical support role.
- Strong technical background.
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent leadership and people management skills.
- Strong customer service skills.