Help Desk Specialists are responsible for providing immediate technical support to clients experiencing computer software or hardware issues. Help Desk Specialists may provide support over the phone, in person, or via remote-access.
When interviewing Help Desk Specialists, suitable candidates will have advanced knowledge of computer hardware and software systems, excellent troubleshooting skills, and a great deal of patience. Be wary of candidates who display poor communication skills and those who are not comfortable writing training manuals.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Help Desk Specialists:
1. What skills do you think Help Desk Specialists need to be successful?
Reveals more about the candidate’s nature and inherent skills.
2. What information should you gather from the client before offering solutions?
Demonstrates the candidate’s knowledge of basic help desk procedures.
3. How would you diagnose a software problem when you cannot access the client’s computer?
Demonstrates the candidate’s problem-solving skills and knowledge of diagnostic techniques.
4. What techniques would you use to ensure clients retain basic troubleshooting knowledge?
Demonstrates the candidate’s training and communication skills.
5. Can you tell me about a time you accurately diagnosed and repaired a major hardware issue with a client’s computer?
Reveals previous work history and highlights relevant skills.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources