Interview Questions for Help Desk Specialists:
1. What skills do you think help desk specialists need to be successful?
Reveals more about the candidate’s nature and inherent skills.
2. What information should you gather from the client before offering solutions?
Demonstrates the candidate’s knowledge of basic help desk procedures.
3. How would you diagnose a software problem when you cannot access the client’s computer?
Demonstrates the candidate’s problem-solving skills and knowledge of diagnostic techniques.
4. What techniques would you use to ensure clients retain basic troubleshooting knowledge?
Demonstrates the candidate’s training and communication skills.
5. Can you tell me about a time you accurately diagnosed and repaired a major hardware issue with a client’s computer?
Reveals previous work history and highlights relevant skills.