Heavy Equipment Operators handle motorized apparatus such as bulldozers and cranes, as well as non-motorized apparatus such as dump boxes and loader buckets. Alternate titles for this position include Equipment Operator and Heavy Machine Operator.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Heavy Equipment Operator Job Description Template
We are searching for a skilled Heavy Equipment Operator to utilize our industrial gear. The Heavy Equipment Operator's duties include preparing and manipulating heavy equipment to ensure the appropriate movement of materials, and liaising with coworkers to ensure that the projects are completed accurately. You will be required to conduct your duties in a safe, diligent manner at all times.
To ensure success as a Heavy Equipment Operator, you should monitor workflow, suggesting alterations to enhance productivity, as needed. A remarkable Heavy Equipment Operator will be attuned to the subtleties of each situation, possessing sound knowledge of when to lead or follow.
Heavy Equipment Operator Responsibilities:
- Maneuvering motorized heavy equipment to ensure the accurate removal and placement of materials.
- Loading and offloading rocks, debris, and other materials from heavy equipment.
- Observing stipulated safety codes at all times.
- Communicating with coworkers to elucidate project specifications, as needed.
- Reporting injuries and other accidents to the line manager.
- Advising the line manager of requisite upgrades, repairs, and replacements.
- Aiding coworkers to ensure that the site is clean and organized at the end of each shift.
- Providing suggestions to refine workflow and boost efficiency.
Heavy Equipment Operator Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Prior experience operating a variety of heavy equipment.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Excellent vision or the use of prescribed lenses.
- Exceptional manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
- A sound understanding of pertinent safety guidelines.
- Capacity to provide and follow direction.
- Sharp decision-making skills, particularly when under pressure.
- Ability to work extended hours, as required.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources