A Crane Operator operates a stationary or mobile overhead crane to move, lift and position materials safely at construction sites.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Crane Operator Job Description Template
We are looking for a Crane Operator to be responsible for operating various types of cranes, from stationary to traveling overhead cranes, and truck cranes. The Crane Operator’s responsibilities include knowledge of lever and pedal control, driving cranes to the worksite, setting up the manufacturer’s operator’s manual, inspecting the crane for safety daily, and operating the crane under general supervision. You should be able to lift and lower materials with precision, and transport heavy equipment to worksites.
To be successful as a Crane Operator, you should operate cranes efficiently, take complete charge of all safety, clean and maintain the hoisting mechanisms, and handle the process of job billing. Ultimately, a top-notch Crane Operator should set and maintain a standard of accuracy, be able to work in extreme weather conditions, and operate the crane according to verbal, written or signal instruction.
Crane Operator Responsibilities:
- Operating the crane under supervision.
- Inspecting the crane to ensure its safety.
- Performing routine maintenance.
- Carrying tools for running repairs.
- Understanding and executing the job billing process.
- Driving the crane to a worksite.
- Wearing PPT safety equipment.
- Cleaning and maintaining the crane hoisting mechanism.
- Using lever and pedal controls efficiently.
- Setting up the manufacturer’s operator manual.
Crane Operator’s Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- CDL Class B license.
- CDL Class A license preferred.
- Must possess NCCCO or equivalent crane operator certification.
- Minimum of 4 years’ industry experience.
- Knowledge of OSHA Regulations, and ANSI Standards in crane operations.
- Proficient in oral and written communication skills.
- Pass drug test, background, and medical check.
- Daily and monthly equipment inspections.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources