Crane Operators are responsible for operating stationary or mobile cranes to lift and move materials on a work site. They also inspect equipment daily and operate the crane under verbal, written or signal instruction.
When interviewing Crane Operators, the most suitable candidate will demonstrate knowledge and confidence in crane control, work ethic precision, safety measures, and excellent communication skills. Be wary of candidates who lack confidence and knowledge, and display poor communication skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Crane Operators:
1. Why do you consider yourself to be the best person for the job?
Demonstrates the candidate’s industry knowledge, skills, and experience.
2. What safety measures will you implement at the worksite?
Highlights the candidate’s industry knowledge of safety.
3. Can you describe a time when your life was at risk when operating a crane? What did you do to resolve it?
Demonstrates the candidate’s skill in crane operation and the ability to handle an emergency.
4. Why is it important to clean and maintain your work equipment (crane) daily?
Demonstrates the candidate's knowledge of safety in the workplace.
5. How do you feel about working in extreme environmental conditions?
Tests the candidate’s skill and mental capacity to work in extreme conditions.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources