Also known as Longshoremen or Stevedores, Dock Workers are responsible for the loading and unloading of cargo on and off vessels. They install gangways for incoming vessels, perform inspections on unloaded cargo, and ensure that all dock areas are clean.
When interviewing Dock Workers, the most suitable candidate will demonstrate efficiency, dedication, and knowledge of various material-handling equipment. Be wary of candidates who have low energy as well as poor organizational and communication skills.
Interview Questions for Dock Workers:
1. What steps should you take to ensure that ships are properly secured to moorings?
Demonstrates the candidate's knowledge of common mooring methods as well as experience.
2. How do you prevent damage to cargo during the loading and unloading process?
Demonstrates the candidate's industry knowledge, ability to operate heavy machinery, and experience.
3. Under what circumstances would you use a forklift instead of a pallet jack?
Demonstrates the candidate's knowledge of material-handling equipment as well as experience.
4. What precautions should you take when working in difficult weather conditions?
Demonstrates the candidate's analytical and problem-solving skills.
5. What skills do you think a successful Dock Worker ought to have?
Demonstrates the candidate's industry knowledge and experience.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources