Health services administrators perform day-to-day administrative tasks at medical offices. They manage budgets and billing, order medical supplies, and oversee general staff. They may work at hospitals, clinics, or other healthcare facilities.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Health Services Administrator Job Description Template
We are seeking a highly capable health services administrator to oversee the daily administrative operations of our facility. You will be updating medical and insurance records, monitoring budgets, and hiring and training office staff.
To ensure success as a health services administrator, you should demonstrate knowledge of medical recordkeeping and experience in a similar environment. An outstanding health services administrator will be someone whose expertise results in optimized patient administration.
Health Services Administrator Responsibilities:
- Liaising with healthcare professionals to improve administrative processes.
- Improving and implementing optimized administrative procedures.
- Hiring and supervising general staff, as well as answering medical staff and patient queries.
- Updating patient health records, including insurance data and admissions.
- Managing office budgets and billing systems.
- Keeping track of expenses and implementing cost-saving strategies.
- Monitoring and replenishing stock and supplies.
- Overseeing the purchasing, maintenance, and repair of equipment.
- Training new staff members and evaluating staff performance.
- Ensuring compliance with health industry regulations.
Health Services Administrator Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in healthcare administration, health services administration, or similar preferred.
- At least two years' experience in health services administration.
- Advanced competency in healthcare administration software such as MediXcel EMR and Kareo.
- Extensive experience in managing health records, billing, and medical insurance.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and healthcare regulations.
- Ability to manage staff and budgets.
- Superb organizational and time management skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication abilities.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources