Health Informatics Specialist Job Description Template
We are seeking a results-driven health informatics specialist to evaluate data and improve our healthcare services. You will be gathering and evaluating healthcare data, developing effective healthcare information systems, and enabling us to collaborate on targeted healthcare service improvements.
To ensure success, health informatics specialists should possess extensive experience in evaluating healthcare data and the ability to develop health information systems. An outstanding health informatics specialist will be someone whose expertise contributes to optimized health services and quality patient care.
Health Informatics Specialist Responsibilities:
- Interviewing healthcare providers and patients, observing healthcare service delivery procedures, and collecting electronic healthcare data.
- Analyzing and interpreting data to identify areas that need improvement.
- Developing health information systems that support the collection, sharing, standardization, and integration of healthcare data.
- Collaborating on improving standards of care, policies, and procedures.
- Training healthcare staff on health information system deployment and management.
- Providing technical support, optimizing network security, and maintaining databases.
- Ensuring compliance in healthcare information management regulations.
- Documenting processes, maintaining records, and preparing reports.
- Keeping abreast of advancements in the field of health informatics.
Health Informatics Specialist Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in healthcare administration, computer sciences, or a related field.
- A Master's degree in health informatics preferred.
- A minimum of two years' experience as a health informatics specialist.
- Advanced proficiency in programming languages and EMR software, such as SQL and Epic.
- Exceptional knowledge of health information system design and database management.
- In-depth knowledge of best practices in healthcare information management.
- Superb analytical, organizational, and time management skills.
- Excellent communication and collaboration abilities.