Hardware design engineers create and develop a variety of electrical components for use in computers, machinery, and other devices. They design schematics for circuit board layouts, conduct performance tests, review analytical data, and implement modifications and repairs to a variety of analog and digital components.
When interviewing hardware design engineers, the best candidates will demonstrate strong electrical engineering knowledge and be excellent problem solvers. Be wary of candidates who lack strong diagnostic skills or experience with PCB design software.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Hardware Design Engineers:
1. What PCB design software do you prefer working with and why?
Assesses the candidate's technical experience and skills.
2. What are the most important parameters to measure when testing a circuit board?
Evaluates the candidate's evaluation methodology and analytical thinking skills.
3. What methods would you use to diagnose an underperforming processor?
Explores the candidate's diagnostic and problem-solving abilities.
4. How do you ensure that the hardware components integrate correctly with the software?
Examines the candidate's experience and knowledge of software systems and integrations.
5. Can you describe your most challenging design issue and how you resolved it?
Reveals more of the candidate's experience, problem-solving abilities, and technical strengths.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources