Also known as Hairstylists, Hairdressers may be self-employed or work for salons, spas, hotels, and resorts where they provide various hairdressing services. They cut, color, and style clients' hair, provide hairdressing advice and recommendations, as well as attach wigs, hairpieces, extensions, and toupes to clients.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Hairdresser Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a highly-skilled Hairdresser to provide various hairdressing services to clients based on their needs, specifications, and preferences. The Hairdresser's responsibilities include greeting and welcoming clients to the salon, maintaining a clean and organized work station, and recommending suitable hair care products to clients. You should also be able to identify chronic scalp conditions and advise clients to seek medical treatment.
To be successful as a Hairdresser, you should be detail-oriented and able to build rapport with clients. Ultimately, an outstanding Hairdresser should be able to follow clients' instructions, demonstrate excellent communication skills, and keep abreast of the latest hairstyles and hairdressing techniques.
- Conferring with clients to determine their hairdressing needs, preferences, and specifications.
- Advising clients on suitable haircuts as well as hairstyles and hair color based on their physical features and hair type.
- Cutting, trimming, and shaping clients' hair as well as wigs, hair extensions, hairpieces, and toupes based on clients’ preferences and specifications.
- Shampooing, conditioning, and drying clients’ hair.
- Providing various hair coloring treatments to clients after inquiring into possible hair dye sensitivities and allergies that they may have.
- Using various hairstyling tools and equipment, including hair straighteners, curling irons, rollers, hairdryers, and hot combs, to style clients’ hair accordingly.
- Cleaning and sterilizing all hairdressing tools and instruments to ensure that state health and safety standards are met.
- Operating the cash register to process client payments when necessary.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Associate's degree in Cosmetology or completion of a state-approved cosmetology program.
- Appropriate state licensure.
- The ability to stand for extended periods.
- The ability to work under pressure.
- The ability to follow instructions.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Patient and detail-oriented.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources