Also known as hairdressers, Barbers provide various hairdressing services to primarily male clientele. They cut, trim, style and color hair, as well as provide facial hair grooming and massages.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Barber Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a dedicated Barber to consult with clients and ensure that all their hair-related needs are taken care of. The Barber’s responsibilities include cutting, trimming, styling, and coloring client’s hair according to their instructions, fitting and grooming hairpieces, and billing clients. You should also be able to provide hairstyle suggestions and haircare advice to clients.
To be successful as a Barber, you should be able to provide quality facial hair grooming services to clients. Ultimately, a top-notch Barber should keep abreast of new and emerging hairstyles and trends.
- Welcoming clients and consulting with them on their desired hairstyles.
- Cutting and trimming hair according to clients' instructions.
- Styling hair using chemical solutions and styling tools.
- Shaving, trimming and shaping clients’ beards and mustaches.
- Washing and conditioning clients’ hair.
- Providing hair treatments and coloring.
- Ensuring that combs, scissors, razors, and other instruments are cleaned and sanitized after each use.
- Supervising apprentices and trainees.
- Providing face, scalp and neck massages.
- Providing hairstyle suggestions to clients.
- High school diploma or GED.
- State barber’s license.
- Sound knowledge of current hairstyles and trends.
- The ability to follow instructions.
- The ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources