Grill Cooks prepare partial or entire meals over electric, gas, or fire grills. Grill Cooks are sometimes referred to as Grillardins.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Grill Cook Job Description Template
We are searching for an accomplished Grill Cook to create meals in accordance with customers' preferences. The Grill Cook's responsibilities include preparing ingredients, informing waitstaff when orders are ready, and cleaning the grill after each shift. You should also monitor inventory to ensure that you have sufficient supplies at all times.
To be successful as a Grill Cook, you should be a skilled multitasker who adheres to food safety codes. Ultimately, a top-performing Grill Cook will create and propound innovative dishes for inclusion on our menu.
Grill Cook Responsibilities:
- Slicing, cutting, shredding, tenderizing, and skewering meat and vegetables.
- Braising and grilling meat and vegetables.
- Checking that ingredients remain fresh and safe for consumption.
- Preventing cross-contamination.
- Preparing meals in accordance with customers' preferences, if applicable.
- Tracking the components of each meal to ensure that the final dish is completed in a timely manner.
- Liaising with waitstaff once orders are finalized.
- Ensuring that your workstation remains clean and orderly at all times.
- Informing the Manager when equipment is due for maintenance, repair, or replacement.
- Tracking inventory to ensure that you always have adequate supplies.
Grill Cook Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Prior experience as a Cook, preferably with a focus on grilling.
- Desire for continuous learning and professional development.
- Capacity to stand for long hours.
- Thorough knowledge of food safety guidelines.
- Excellent organizational, time management, and multitasking skills.
- Level-headed with outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to the production of high-quality outputs and excellent customer service.
- Ability to work shifts, over weekends, and on holidays, as required.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources