Graduate Teaching Assistants aid senior academic staff by preparing lessons, delivering instruction, and grading papers. Most Graduate Teaching Assistants are simultaneously enrolled in doctoral programs at the same university.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Graduate Teaching Assistant Job Description Template
We are searching for an advanced Graduate Teaching Assistant to aid our senior faculty. The Graduate Teaching Assistant should aid in the design of lecture series, draft tests and handouts, and assist with the grading of students' papers. You should also ensure that grades are captured precisely and on time.
To ensure success as a Graduate Teaching Assistant, you should possess in-depth knowledge about the material covered in our undergraduate program. Ultimately, a phenomenal Graduate Teaching Assistant will seek to incorporate increasing amounts of local knowledge in our curricula.
Graduate Teaching Assistant Responsibilities:
- Preparing lecture slides, handouts, and adjacent instructional content.
- Delivering selected lessons, as agreed upon beforehand.
- Uploading lecture slides and assigned readings to our virtual learning site.
- Processing applications for concessions, including deferments, extensions, and the waiving of course requirements.
- Grading, moderating, and returning scripts in a timely manner.
- Capturing coursework and examination results on our systems.
- Granting students' admission to the final examination when they have met stipulated prerequisites.
- Advising students on appropriate electives upon request.
Graduate Teaching Assistant Requirements:
- Pertinent undergraduate degree, preferably awarded by our university.
- Completion of a fitting Master's degree is highly advantageous.
- Registration as a local doctoral student is encouraged.
- Previous experience as a Graduate Teaching Assistant is welcome.
- Updated knowledge about our curriculum.
- Strong knowledge of our virtual learning platform.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Unmatched planning, presenting, and consulting skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources