Interview Questions for GIS Technicians:
1. Why do you think GIS technicians play an important role in business development?
Shows the candidate’s understanding of their position and the role they play.
2. What made you want to become a GIS technician?
Demonstrates the candidate’s inherent nature and passion for the industry.
3. What methods do you use to manage the GIS database?
Shows understanding of GIS best practices.
4. What drawing and mapping software do you use most often?
Highlights areas of software expertise.
5. What is the most difficult part of compiling and maintaining GIS data?
Indicates potential problem areas.