Gestalt Therapists are qualified psychotherapists who practice the existential Gestalt method of therapy. These mental health professionals take approaches from psychology and philosophy to promote self-awareness.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Gestalt Therapist Job Description Template
We are looking for a compassionate Gestalt Therapist to assist clients in developing self-awareness and promoting personal responsibility. The responsibilities of Gestalt Therapists include consulting with clients, keeping client records, and facilitating personal growth and development.
To be successful as a Gestalt Therapist, you should demonstrate in-depth knowledge of therapeutic techniques, expertise in Gestalt Therapy, and a passion for mental wellness. Ultimately, a high-quality Gestalt Therapist should have a strong sense of self and play a supportive role in the development of clients' well-being.
Gestalt Therapist Responsibilities:
- Creating an atmosphere that promotes exploration for personal growth.
- Engaging in therapeutic role-play with clients.
- Encouraging non-verbal behavior congruence.
- Performing other experimental techniques.
- Conducting counseling sessions.
- Facilitating behavior changes.
- Setting an example by being an open and self-aware person.
Gestalt Therapist Requirements:
- Licensed and experienced Psychotherapist.
- Previous experience working as a mental health therapist.
- Solid knowledge of Gestalt Therapy and associated techniques.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Compassionate with good listening skills.
- Demonstrate self-awareness.
- Advanced counseling skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources