Interview Questions for Geotechnical Engineers:
1. Which factors would you be most interested in when evaluating whether sites are appropriate?
Uncovers technical skills, attentiveness, and pertinent thought processes.
2. Where would you store organic samples from a construction site when inspecting multiple locations?
Evaluates considerations such as temperature and the potential ramifications of dislodged material.
3. What are the best ways to mitigate hold-ups during sample analyses?
Illustrates sample preparation techniques and the ability to reduce negotiable delays.
4. How would you navigate unforeseeable delays during a site inspection?
Unveils the ability to minimize unscheduled disruptions to avoid delaying the start of construction-related activities.
5. How would you navigate tensions stirred by your decision to abandon a potential construction site?
Assesses empathy, due regard for others’ vested interests, and assertiveness.