Game Economist Job Description Template
We are searching for a game economist to join our game development team in creating fun, actionable, and award-winning F2P and P2P games. In this role, you will be responsible for improving user experience and making sure that our web and mobile games are interactive, challenging, and rewarding to users.
To ensure success as a game economist, you should be proficient at data analysis and highly knowledgeable about game design and development ecosystems. A top-notch game economist will be able to assist our team of developers and designers in a wide range of activities that will enhance the look, feel, and experience of our games.
Game Economist Responsibilities:
- Determining key characteristics, game values, and features.
- Developing rewards, rules, progressions, and interaction systems.
- Designing and presenting game economy ideas to senior team members.
- Advising and collaborating with designers and developers to create new features for games.
- Testing out game economy ideas and monitoring whether these additions are successful.
- Identifying errors, workarounds, cheats, and shortfalls within game micro-economies.
- Troubleshooting game economy issues as they come up.
- Researching different game economy approaches and opportunities for the business.
- Building cost systems, decomposition models, and complexity progressions for game economies.
- Analyzing reports on user experience and activity of our games.
Game Economist Requirements:
- A bachelor's degree in economics, marketing, mathematics, computer science, game design, or strategy.
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in game design or game development.
- In-depth knowledge of F2P and P2P games on mobile, web, and consoles.
- Strong understanding of game development and design evaluation.
- Proficient at data-related activities, such as data mining and analytics.
- Strategic thinking and UX-centric frame of mind.
- Able to work in a team and collaborate with different development roleplayers.
- Organized and well-developed understanding of game economies.
- Passionate about gaming and game design.
- Great interpersonal and collaborative skills.