Food Service Managers oversee the day-to-day operations of establishments that prepare and sell food and beverages. They recruit and train food service employees, take inventory of food supplies, and ensure that customers receive quality meals.
When interviewing Food Service Managers, the most suitable candidate will demonstrate attention to detail, sound knowledge of food health and safety regulations, and exceptional management skills. Be wary of candidates who have poor communication, problem-solving, and customer service skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Food Service Managers:
1. How would you address a customer who was dissatisfied with his or her meal?
Demonstrates the candidate’s communication, problem-solving, and customer service skills.
2. What would you do if the kitchen staff repeatedly complained about a faulty oven?
Demonstrates the candidate’s management and problem-solving skills.
3. How would you deal with a food service employee who was constantly late for their shifts?
Demonstrates the candidate’s management, leadership, and communication skills.
4. What would you do if a food service employee witnessed a co-worker stealing?
Demonstrates the candidate’s leadership, problem-solving, and communication skills.
5. What measures do you take to ensure compliance with food health and safety regulations?
Demonstrates the candidate’s industry knowledge and experience.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources