Fitters analyze blueprints for mechanical systems to accurately construct, fit, and assemble the structural components of these systems. They may also perform repair and maintenance work as needed.
When interviewing Fitters, the most suitable candidate will demonstrate dedication, manual dexterity, and the ability to interpret blueprints. Be wary of candidates who have low energy as well as poor analytical, problem-solving, and mechanical skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Fitters:
1. What precautions should a skilled Fitter take to minimize accidents and injuries?
Demonstrates the candidate’s knowledge of work-site safety regulations, analytical skills, and experience.
2. Under what circumstances would you replace a structural component?
Demonstrates the candidate’s industry knowledge, mechanical skills, and experience.
3. How do you ensure that structural components are the correct size?
Demonstrates the candidate's ability to interpret blueprints as well as his or her attention to detail and experience.
4. What do you think is the most challenging or demanding aspect of being a Fitter, and why?
Demonstrates the candidate’s industry knowledge, analytical skills, and experience.
5. Would you prefer to work independently or as part of a team, and why?
Demonstrates the candidate’s honesty, adaptability, and flexibility.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources