Financial Officer Interview Questions:
1. Can you explain the budgeting process?
Reveals the candidate’s knowledge of budgeting procedures.
2. When is it appropriate for a company to issue debt instead of equity?
Highlights the candidate’s previous education history.
3. You have a financial report due with a very tight deadline, how would you prioritize your work?
Tests the candidate’s time management skills.
4. How do you calculate ROI?
Reveals the candidate’s analytical and mathematical skills.
5. Which metrics do you use to analyze a company’s progress?
Tests the candidate’s experience with financial analysis.