Finance Managers are business specialists who manage important financial functions of an organization. They produce financial reports, manage investment activities, and create strategies and plans for the long-term financial goals of an organization.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Finance Manager Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a Finance Manager with excellent organizational and analytical skills. Finance Managers are expected to be detail oriented, knowledgeable on statistics, have strong problem-solving skills and an investigative nature.
To ensure success, Finance Managers should have a deep commercial awareness, strong numeracy skills, and a keen interest in the growth, efficiency and profitability of an organization. Top candidates will have outstanding communication and report writing skills with a superb technical ability and fantastic negotiation skills.
Finance Managers Responsibilities:
- Plan, organize and execute financial tasks and projects of the organization.
- Make estimates of funds required for short and long-term financial objectives of the organization.
- Complete financial reports, lead month-end closing process and conduct monthly financial forecast.
- Develop and implement plans for budgeting, forecasting and reporting.
- Achieve proper mix of equity and debt to minimize cost and maximize operational profit.
- Strategize on fund procurement through banks and other financial institutions.
- Prudently make investments on assets that maximize returns.
- Provide financial insight and analysis to drive the business performance of the organization.
- Manage and monitor metrics, KPI tracking and reports.
- Evaluate financial performance of the organization and measure returns on investments.
- Understand and calculate risks involved in the financial activities of the organization.
Finance Manager Requirements:
- Degree in Finance/Accounting or related (essential).
- International Accounting Standards Board (IASB) accreditation (essential).
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license (essential)
- 5 years of work experience as a Finance Manager (essential).
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Analytical thinker with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail with the superb organizational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent report-writing and communication skills.
- Solid proficiency in Microsoft Office, SAP and other financial planning software.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources