A Director of Finance is responsible for overseeing the financial operations and financial planning of a company. These highly-analytical professionals ensure the smooth running of a company's finances by assessing financial markets, identifying solutions to financial issues, and preparing reports.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Director of Finance Job Description Template:
We are searching for a highly-analytical Director of Finance to oversee our company’s financial planning and accounting operations. In this position, you will not only be an accomplished accountant and proactive with company finances but will also be commercially aware and provide advice on the best path of growth for our business.
Your duties include establishing targets, developing budgets, and performing financial analysis. The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator with outstanding interpersonal and leadership abilities. Your ultimate goal will be to guide the company towards profitability and success.
- Oversee the financial strategic planning of the company by evaluating its performance and potential risks.
- Perform regular financial analysis.
- Develop budgets that meet the requirements of company departments.
- Establish targets and manage all accounting and finance employees including management accountants and internal auditors.
- Supervise all audit and internal control processes.
- Prepare detailed reports on the company’s financial performance.
- Guarantee compliance with financial laws and guidelines.
- Recognize patterns in company spending, revenue, and recommend solutions to any problem areas.
- Coordinate with external financial entities on behalf of the company.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant field.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in financial management.
- In-depth knowledge of accounting software, corporate principals, and financial analysis.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities.
- An analytical mind with good organizational skills.
- Outstanding leadership skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources