Financial Accountant Job Description Template
We are looking for a diligent financial accountant to be responsible for supporting decision-making and overseeing of financial information. The financial accountant's responsibilities include producing budgets, overseeing tax payments, and conducting internal audits.
To be successful as a financial accountant, you should have an accounting degree and experience as an accountant. Ultimately, a seasoned Financial Accountant should be competent in financial principles and ensure the organization complies with the law.
Financial Accountant Responsibilities:
- Preparing monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Conducting internal audits.
- Overseeing tax payments.
- Preparing budgets for the organization.
- Monitoring and reporting on accounting inconsistencies.
- Keeping up-to-date with financial policies, practices, and regulations.
- Complying with state and federal tax regulations.
Financial Accountant Requirements:
- Accounting or finance degree.
- Previous experience in an accounting or finance role.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel and accounting software.
- Solid understanding of bookkeeping competencies.
- Excellent mathematical skills.
- Time management skills.
- Ability to remain confidential.
- Additional certification is a bonus.