Family Nurse Practitioner Job Description Template
We are looking for a qualified family nurse practitioner to be responsible for providing family-focused care in our organization. You will develop treatment plans for acute and chronic diseases, educate patients on disease prevention, perform diagnostic tests, and manage overall patient care.
To be successful as a family nurse practitioner, you should provide primary, acute, chronic, and specialty care for illnesses affecting any member of the family. A family nurse practitioner should display a professional, yet nurturing personality while consistently providing excellent patient care with a strong emphasis on wellness and disease prevention.
Family Nurse Practitioner Responsibilities:
- Diagnosing and treating health conditions.
- Formulating treatment plans for acute and chronic diseases.
- Educating patients on lifestyle habits.
- Ordering and analyzing diagnostic tests.
- Counseling patients.
- Prescribing medication.
- Conducting examinations of the body.
- Managing overall patient care.
- Educating patients on preventative care and disease management.
Family Nurse Practitioner Requirements:
- Master of science in nursing (MSN).
- FNP Certification according to state.
- Clinical training in family medicine.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Computer literate.