An Expeditor synchronizes and facilitates the flow of work and materials between and within a company's departments. Expeditors examine production and assign work to ensure compliance with production plans. This may include liaising with management to establish work progress.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Expeditor Job Description Template
We are looking for a confident Expeditor to facilitate the flow of work and materials in our business. The Expeditor will strategize and oversee activities related to receiving and dispatching shipments such as confirming accuracy of orders, and generate reports on work progress, completion dates, production challenges, stock levels and costs. You will monitor aspects of processes such as purchasing, cost management and order changing, and forward issues to management.
To ensure success you need to apply your skills, knowledge and experience as an Expeditor to ensure swift, seamless processes. Preferred candidates are organized and highly motivated team players.
- Growing professional relationships with various internal and external stakeholders.
- Collaborating with project management to prepare for project review meetings.
- Liaising with vendors to ensure timely delivery of goods.
- Receiving shipments of materials, and examining deliveries to ensure accurate quantities, quality, and specifications.
- Facilitating flow of materials between various departments and parties.
- Examining job cost reports for inconsistencies, such as mischarges.
- Ensuring cleanliness and tidiness of warehouse.
- Meeting and collaborating with management to assess reliability of suppliers and vendors, and to identify solutions for ongoing problems.
- Performing clerical duties, and maintaining accurate records and files of activities.
- Following established guidelines, instructions, policies, and procedures.
- High school diploma, GED, or suitable equivalent.
- 2+ years work experience in similar role.
- Proficient understanding of materials and services procurement.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Word and Excel.
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proficient people skills.
- Demonstrated analytical, problem-solving, organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to comply with company policies and procedures.