Equipment Operators are responsible for controlling machinery used during the construction process. They are licensed individuals who report to a Supervisor or Foreman. Equipment Operators are skilled in the use of bulldozers, excavators, rollers, trenchers, compactors, and other equipment.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Equipment Operator Job Description Template:
We are looking for a reliable Equipment Operator to join our excellent construction team. Responsibilities include performing routine equipment checks and maintenance, loading and unloading equipment, and ensuring sites are kept clean and equipment is safely turned off and stored. You will also observe the distribution of concrete and complete relevant paperwork and reports.
To be successful as an Equipment Operator, you should consistently follow health and safety regulations and be able to take instructions from superiors. Oustanding Equipment Operators should display great hand and foot coordination and always be thinking of ways to improve efficiency.
Equipment Operator Responsibilities:
- Ensuring all equipment is maintained and used in accordance with company health and safety regulations.
- Cleaning, lubricating, and performing regular safety checks on equipment.
- Ensuring equipment is properly positioned before turning it on and off, or loading and unloading it.
- Training new crew members in the safe operation of equipment.
- Performing other construction duties as needed.
- Observing safe distribution of concrete and other materials.
- Promptly reporting all faults to the Supervisor or Foreman.
- Ensuring sites are kept clean and safe.
- Attending meetings and refresher courses to ensure responsible equipment operation.
- Identifying faults and troubleshooting equipment as required.
Equipment Operator Requirements:
- High school diploma.
- Relevant license and safety certification.
- A completed apprenticeship would be advantageous.
- Prior experience operating equipment.
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to follow orders, especially under pressure.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines.
- A sound understanding of health and safety codes.
- A positive outlook and a willingness to learn.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources