EMTs are medical personnel who respond to emergencies and stabilize patients before they are taken to a hospital. An EMT is an entry-level patient care provider, followed by an EMT-Intermediate in some states and then by a paramedic. Also known as Emergency Medical Technician or EMT Basic.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
EMT Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a confident EMT to provide patients with basic life support and transport to medical facilities. The EMT will collaborate with other emergency medical personnel such as paramedics to stabilize patients, and to arrange their reception at medical facilities. You will conduct yourself in a professional manner, display a positive company image, continue your education to keep your state licensure and acknowledge accountability for all patient care provided.
To ensure success you need to stay calm at all times, and make judicious decisions. Ideal candidates are physically agile, knowledgeable and have outstanding people skills.
- Attending crew meetings and training events.
- Operating emergency vehicles safely and proficiently.
- Responding to call-outs from dispatcher.
- Assessing patients' conditions and responsiveness to interventions.
- Assessing nature and extent of emergency situations, and need for additional assistance.
- Mitigating incidents by helping to control crowds, protecting valuables and performing other duties.
- Assisting other emergency medical personnel with administering Advanced Life Support.
- Organizing reception of patients at medical treatment facilities.
- Liaising with healthcare facilities regarding patients' vital statistics.
- Maintaining vehicles, stations, and communication and medical equipment.
- Completing patient care reports and other documentation.
- Complying with applicable policies and procedures, SOPs and medical protocols.
- High school diploma, GED, or a suitable equivalent.
- Current EMT certification.
- Valid state driver’s license and satisfactory driving record.
- CEVO ambulance certificate.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Excellent people skills.
- Physically strong, agile and dexterous.
- Professional manner and appearance.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources