EMT Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a confident EMT to provide patients with basic life support and transport to medical facilities. The EMT will collaborate with another emergency medical personnel such as paramedics to stabilize patients, and to arrange their reception at medical facilities. You will conduct yourself in a professional manner, display a positive company image, continue your education to keep your state licensure, and acknowledge accountability for all patient care provided.
To ensure success you need to stay calm at all times and make judicious decisions. Ideal candidates are physically agile, knowledgeable, and have outstanding people skills.
- Attending crew meetings and training events.
- Operating emergency vehicles safely and proficiently.
- Responding to call-outs from dispatchers.
- Assessing patients' conditions and responsiveness to interventions.
- Assessing nature and extent of emergency situations, and need for additional assistance.
- Mitigating incidents by helping to control crowds, protecting valuables, and performing other duties.
- Assisting another emergency medical personnel with administering Advanced Life Support.
- Organizing reception of patients at medical treatment facilities.
- Liaising with healthcare facilities regarding patients' vital statistics.
- Maintaining vehicles, stations, and communication and medical equipment.
- Completing patient care reports and other documentation.
- Complying with applicable policies and procedures, SOPs, and medical protocols.
- High school diploma, GED, or a suitable equivalent.
- Current EMT certification.
- Valid state driver’s license and satisfactory driving record.
- CEVO ambulance certificate.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Excellent people skills.
- Physically strong, agile, and dexterous.
- Professional manner and appearance.