An Emergency Room (ER) Doctor treats infections and injuries in a hospital emergency room or urgent care facility. They are medical doctors with extensive residency training in an emergency room. Their duties include requesting medical tests, performing follow-up visits, and creating treatment plans.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
We are looking for a skilled and experienced Emergency Room (ER) Doctor to join our medical facility’s emergency room department. As the ER Doctor, you should be highly trained with proven experience working in an emergency room or urgent care setting.
Your chief responsibilities will include treating patients with life-threatening illnesses, establishing effective patient care plans, and referring patients to the appropriate specialists. To excel in this highly-stressful environment, the ideal candidate should have superb communication and interpersonal abilities, with excellent judgment skills.
- Assess patients that enter the emergency room immediately and oversee emergency patient’s recovery.
- Conduct follow-up visits to monitor the patient’s condition.
- Request the appropriate medical tests and based on them, follow a treatment plan.
- Develop effective patient care plans.
- Refer patients to the appropriate specialists.
- Ensure that patients are stable before transferring them to the proper department for further evaluation.
- Provide instructions for discharge and any relevant paperwork.
- Maintain the patient’s medical records.
- Coordinate with different ER departments to ensure patients receive the necessary treatment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Medicine from an accredited institution.
- 3 – 4 years’ experience in a residency program.
- A license to practice medicine.
- In-depth knowledge of current medical treatments and procedures.
- Great attention to detail with excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Ability to think and act quickly in a stressful environment.