ER Doctor Job Description Template
We are looking for a skilled and experienced emergency room (ER) doctor to join our medical facility’s emergency room department. As an ER doctor, you should be highly trained with proven experience working in an emergency room or urgent care setting.
Your chief responsibilities will include treating patients with life-threatening illnesses, establishing effective patient care plans, and referring patients to the appropriate specialists. To excel in this highly stressful environment, the ideal candidate should have superb communication and interpersonal abilities, with excellent judgment skills.
ER Doctor Responsibilities:
- Assessing patients who enter the emergency room immediately and overseeing emergency recovery.
- Conducting follow-up visits to monitor the patient’s condition.
- Requesting the appropriate medical tests and based on them, following a treatment plan.
- Developing effective patient care plans.
- Referring patients to appropriate specialists.
- Ensuring that patients are stable before transferring them to the proper department for further evaluation.
- Providing instructions for discharge and any relevant paperwork.
- Maintaining patients' medical records.
- Coordinating with different ER departments to ensure patients receive the necessary treatment.
ER Doctor Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in medicine from an accredited institution.
- 3 – 4 years’ experience in a residency program.
- A license to practice medicine.
- In-depth knowledge of current medical treatments and procedures.
- Great attention to detail with excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Ability to think and act quickly in a stressful environment.