An EMT is an emergency medical care provider who assists in stabilizing patients before they get transported to hospitals. Ideal candidates are physically strong, knowledgeable and affable. Avoid sullen, lethargic candidates.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
EMT Interview Questions
1. Could you give me examples from past experience where you demonstrated the ability to control a crowd during an emergency situation?
The potential hire’s answer will display their ability to be a grounding force in a chaotic situation.
2. How would you respond if you were to arrive on an emergency scene too late to be of assistance, and bystanders hold you accountable?
Listen carefully for the candidate to show their problem-solving and people skills.
3. How did you display the ability to maintain equipment proficiently in your previous position?
An EMT has to maintain the cleanliness of the station and vehicles, as well as the condition of other equipment. The applicant needs to convince you they have this ability.
4. Do you have the ability to remain calm at all times, and why would you say so?
EMTs encounter a wide range of emergency situations, including disturbing crime scenes and children in distress. To be effective in providing assistance in these instances, the candidate needs to demonstrate this ability.
5. How do you prevent your personal problems from affecting your performance at work?
An EMT has to perform optimally at all times, therefore the potential hire needs to demonstrate this ability.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources