ED Tech Job Description Template
We are looking to recruit a good-natured ED tech to assist with the operations of our hospital's emergency department (ED). The ED tech will assist in keeping the ED clean and organized, and maintain stock levels of supplies such as gauze, bandages, rubbing alcohol, and linens. You will be the point of contact between medical personnel, patients, and visitors.
To ensure success you need to prioritize tasks in a dynamic environment and be aware that you are working with people experiencing distress. Ideal candidates are empathetic, hard-working and physically fit.
ED Tech Responsibilities:
- Assisting with proficient operation of ED.
- Managing communications at ED nurses' station.
- Assisting with bedside registration.
- Keeping complete and accurate medical records.
- Monitoring and maintaining stock levels of ED supplies.
- Issuing patients with hospital wear, and collecting their jewelry and accessories for safekeeping.
- Lifting and positioning patients for personnel to perform medical procedures.
- Cleaning and dressing wounds, and applying splints.
- Monitoring breathing and heart rate equipment, and performing EKGs.
- Transporting patients around the hospital on stretchers and in wheelchairs.
ED Tech Requirements:
- High school diploma, GED, or suitable equivalent.
- BLS or CPR certification.
- Completion of the orientation program.
- Proficient computer and typing skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong people skills.
- Physically strong, agile, and dexterous.
- Available to work shifts, after hours, over weekends, and on public holidays.