An ED Tech is a healthcare professional who assists emergency room (ER) doctors and nurses with delivering medical care. ED Techs keep the ER clean and organized and assist with basic patient care. Also known Emergency Department Technician, ED Technician, ER Technician or ER Tech.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
ED Tech Job Description Template
We are looking to recruit a good-natured ED Tech to assist with the operations of our hospital's emergency department (ED). The ED Tech will assist in keeping the ED clean and organized, and maintain stock levels of supplies such as gauze, bandages, rubbing alcohol and linens. You will be the point of contact between medical personnel, patients and visitors.
To ensure success you need to prioritize tasks in a dynamic environment and be aware that you are working with people experiencing distress. Ideal candidates are empathetic, hard-working and physically fit.
ED Tech Responsibilities:
- Assisting with proficient operation of ED.
- Managing communications at ED nurses' station.
- Assisting with bedside registration.
- Keeping complete and accurate medical records.
- Monitoring and maintaining stock levels of ED supplies.
- Issuing patients with hospital wear, and collecting their jewelry and accessories for safekeeping.
- Lifting and positioning patients for personnel to perform medical procedures.
- Cleaning and dressing wounds, and applying splints.
- Monitoring breathing and heart rate equipment, and performing EKGs.
- Transporting patients around hospital on stretchers and in wheelchairs.
ED Tech Requirements:
- High school diploma, GED, or suitable equivalent.
- BLS or CPR certification.
- Completion of orientation program.
- Proficient computer and typing skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong people skills.
- Physically strong, agile and dexterous.
- Available to work shifts, after hours, over weekends and on public holidays.