Electronics Technicians design electronic components, and repair, install, service, and update existing electronic systems. They may write reports and manuals, and perform their duties in offices, factories, telecommunications industries, and various other settings where electronics are used. They also interpret drawings and provide training.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Electronics Technician Job Description Template
We are searching for a well-organized, reliable Electronics Technician to join our excellent company. The Electronics Technician's responsibilities include diagnosing and repairing electronics, reading manuals and installing new equipment, performing routine servicing and inspections, assisting with training, recruitment, and electronic upgrades, and reporting to the Supervisor. You should be able to provide excellent customer service and manage electronic systems and equipment efficiently.
To be successful as an Electronics Technician, you should demonstrate strong mechanical skills and enjoy performing tasks with your hands. Outstanding Electronics Technicians are able to use a wide range of resources to solve problems and feel comfortable working alone and in a team.
Electronics Technician Responsibilities:
- Assembling, installing, repairing, troubleshooting, and maintaining electronic components and systems.
- Sourcing or fabricating replacement parts for electronic systems.
- Ensuring all power and manual tools are operated in accordance with health and safety regulations.
- Liaising with Supervisors and clients to discuss work schedules and time and material cost estimates.
- Providing training and supervision for new technicians and apprentices.
- Carrying out scheduled preventative maintenance and servicing equipment.
- Performing equipment demonstrations and drawing up training manuals wherever required.
- Interpreting drawings, training manuals, and instructions in order to perform duties.
- Following written, verbal, and telephonic instructions.
- Attending regular training workshops and reporting to the Supervisor.
Electronics Technician Requirements:
- Degree or completed coursework in Engineering or Electronics.
- A Relevant certificate or license may be required.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good hand-eye coordination and physical dexterity.
- Sound knowledge of health and safety regulations.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Excellent written, verbal, and telephonic communication skills.
- Great interpersonal skills.
- Passion for Electronics.
- Willingness to learn and accept constructive feedback.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources