Electrical Supervisors are electrical contractors who oversee the work done by electricians on a job site. They are responsible for ensuring that all safety and compliance standards are met and to provide technical assistance when necessary.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Electrical Supervisor Job Description Template
We are looking for an experienced Electrical Supervisor to oversee our team of electricians. In this role, you will be responsible for training and mentoring staff, creating work schedules, providing technical assistance, and troubleshooting system issues. You may also be required to maintain and repair the electrical equipment used on-site.
To ensure success as an Electrical Supervisor, you should exhibit strong leadership skills and have sound knowledge of industrial and commercial electrical systems. A top-class Electrical Supervisor will ensure that all the electrical work done on site is completed on time and to code.
Electrical Supervisor Responsibilities:
- Designing and implementing work schedules for the electrical staff.
- Providing motivation and assistance when necessary.
- Inspecting and assessing the work done by the electrical staff.
- Reading and interpreting design schematics to ensure the proper installation of electrical systems.
- Troubleshooting major system failures and equipment malfunctions.
- Repairing and maintaining electrical equipment.
- Overseeing the purchasing and maintenance of the electrical equipment on-site.
- Ensuring the work is completed on schedule and to code.
- Maintaining a safe and clean work area.
- Consulting with builders, architects, and other workers on-site.
Electrical Supervisor Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or a similar field.
- Proven work experience as an Electrical Supervisor.
- Strong leadership and managerial skills.
- In depth knowledge of commercial and industrial electrical systems.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Familiarity with state electrical and safety codes.
- Advanced troubleshooting skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- A good eye for detail.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources