Master Electricians are responsible for the installation and repair of electrical systems in residential and commercial spaces. They test, troubleshoot, and replace electrical components to ensure systems function safely and efficiently. Master Electricians also train and mentor other electricians. They can be self-employed or work for a company.
Master Electrician Job Description Template
We are searching for a dependable, detail-oriented Master Electrician to join our excellent company. The Master Electrician's responsibilities include using a number of tools to install and service electrical systems, observing company safety guidelines, documenting each project and updating client records, providing material cost and time estimates, and training apprentices. You should also be able to easily diagnose electrical faults and provide excellent customer service.
To be successful as a Master Electrician, you should be able to read blueprints, use diagnostic tools, and make decisions under pressure. Outstanding Master Electricians have sound knowledge of their craft and the ability to transfer this knowledge and skill to apprentices.
Master Electrician Responsibilities:
- Installing, repairing, and servicing electrical systems.
- Sourcing or fabricating replacement electrical components.
- Interpreting blueprints and drawing rough sketches when required.
- Guiding and overseeing other apprentices or journeyman electricians.
- Drawing up preventative maintenance measures and explaining these to clients and other electricians.
- Obtaining required permits, equipment, tools, and materials for projects.
- Testing and troubleshooting systems.
- Providing assistance during emergencies.
- Updating project records and preparing relevant documents and reports for clients.
- Liaising with clients, vendors, and other electricians.
Master Electrician Requirements:
- High school diploma or similar.
- Relevant license or certification.
- A valid driver's license.
- At least 3-5 years of experience as an Electrician.
- Superb customer service skills.
- Excellent written, verbal, and telephonic communication.
- Experience with power tools and other equipment used in construction.
- Physical strength and stamina.
- Firm grasp of health and safety codes.
- Patience when teaching apprentices.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources