Journeyman Electrician Job Description Template
We are searching for an observant and dependable journeyman Electrician to perform installation and restoration work on our clients' electrical frameworks. The Journeyman Electrician's duties include communicating with clients and performing one's own inspections to diagnose and tend to each task. You should be comfortable performing these and related undertakings with minimal supervision.
To be successful as a Journeyman Electrician, you should be a critical thinker with experience in all facets of electrical work. A remarkable Journeyman Electrician will demonstrate a commitment to continuous learning and the capacity to mentor Apprentices on the team.
Journeyman Electrician Responsibilities:
- Carrying standard equipment and parts with you at all times.
- Commuting between the locations at which you will work.
- Performing inspections, conducting assessments, and liaising with clients to ascertain the issues that warrant attention.
- Choosing the most apt course of action in light of project constraints.
- Selecting, installing, and preserving the functionality of wires, plugs, panelboards, switchgear, switchboards, and similar.
- Setting up and maintaining electrical machines.
- Monitoring inventory to ensure an adequate stock.
- Logging time and resources spent on each task to calculate costs.
- Ensuring adherence to all relevant safety regulations.
- Providing professional, friendly, and prompt services.
Journeyman Electrician Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Completion of a relevant apprenticeship.
- Valid state license that permits you to practice as a journeyman electrician, if required.
- Appropriate certificate or degree will be advantageous.
- Good arithmetic skills.
- Excellent critical thinking skills.
- Observant and thorough.
- An active listener with top-notch verbal and written communication skills.
- Physically fit and capable of carrying up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work in constricted areas.