Digital Editor Job Description Template
We are looking for a social-media-savvy digital editor to create and manage quality digital content. The digital editor’s responsibilities will include overseeing and approving content layouts on all social media platforms. You will also be required to collaborate with staff members and build relationships with clients.
To be successful as a digital editor, you will have in-depth knowledge of the relevant software and best practices for SEO. A top-notch digital editor should be up-to-date with the latest trends in digital technology and demonstrate excellent creative thinking and problem-solving abilities.
Digital Editor Responsibilities:
- Assigning and coordinating written content for web publishing on various internet platforms.
- Delegating tasks to in-house staff and freelancers.
- Monitoring and supervising tasks to ensure that deadlines are met.
- Checking written content for accuracy and cogency, using the relevant software.
- Editing videos for presentation on the web.
- Collaborating with staff to come up with appealing content.
- Maintaining quality across web platforms in order to increase brand visibility.
- Monitoring SEO figures and reporting on these.
- Recognizing and forecasting social media trends.
- Tracking new developments in digital technology and learning new content management systems.
Digital Editor Requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree in digital editing or digital video editing
- A major in English, communications, or journalism is preferred.
- 2-5 years experience in writing, producing, and editing for the web.
- A high level of computer and software literacy, such as InDesign and Photoshop.
- Knowledge of social media platforms and SEO best practices.
- An in-depth understanding of marketing practices.
- The ability to analyze audience responses and to use the data to meet search goals.
- Excellent copywriting, proofreading, and editing skills.
- The ability to work co-operatively in a creative environment.