Department Managers oversee the functioning and productivity of a company division. Their primary responsibilities include recruiting and dismissing staff, establishing and working towards strategic departmental goals and managing a departmental budget.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Department Manager Job Description Template
We are looking for confident leaders who are able to manage both people and budgets for the position of Department Manager. Department Managers are responsible for outlining strategic departmental targets, ensuring the highest level of quality is met and cultivating a comfortable and productive working environment, among other duties.
Department Managers will need to inspire their staff to enable them to perform at their best and keep them motivated at all times, requiring excellent communicative and interpersonal skills.
Department Manager Responsibilities:
- Recruiting, interviewing and orienting new staff members.
- Monitoring and evaluating staff performance.
- Managing a departmental budget and forecasting budgetary requirements.
- Setting strategic long and short-term departmental goals and evaluating outcomes.
- Motivating and inspiring staff and facilitating personal growth.
- Ensuring high levels of productivity are maintained.
- Ensuring the highest levels of quality are met.
- Communicating job expectations to staff.
- Conducting training and seminars for continued skills improvement.
- Fostering a productive working environment.
- Ensuring adherence to company and industry regulations.
Department Manager Requirements:
- Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field.
- MBA advantageous.
- Results driven.
- Mathematical and statistical aptitude.
- Self-motivated and confident.
- Highly organized and diligent.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.