A Dental Insurance Coordinator works for a dental practice and serves as an intermediary between the patient and the insurance company. Dental Insurance Coordinators are responsible for verifying patient health insurance benefits, communicating with patients, and processing insurance payments.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Dental Insurance Coordinator Job Description Template
We are looking for a Dental Insurance Coordinator to be responsible for working with insurance companies to verify patients’ benefits, as well as calculating and collecting outstanding payments from patients. You should be proficient in using the dental practice management software to update each patient’s file, run and monitor weekly and monthly reports to verify insurance payments received, and upload completed insurance forms into patients’ electronic files.
To be successful as a Dental Insurance Coordinator, you should work closely with patients, explain their benefits to them, communicate any insurance concerns, and manage any insurance disputes. An outstanding Dental Insurance Coordinator should achieve excellent customer service, and share a professional relationship with insurance companies to ensure success in balancing patient benefits with insurance payments.
Dental Insurance Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Verifying the patient’s health insurance benefits.
- Explaining insurance benefits to patients.
- Entering data using dental practice management software.
- Generating reports for all activities.
- Posting payments made by patients.
- Following up on non-paid insurance claims.
- Managing late payments and overdue accounts.
- Processing insurance payments and refunds.
- Uploading completed insurance verification forms.
- Monitoring weekly, monthly and quarterly reports to confirm payment from clients and insurance companies.
Dental Insurance Coordinator Requirements:
- High school degree, GED or related.
- Minimum of 2 years in a dentist office environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proficient with data entry.
- Experience in dental practice management software.
- Microsoft Office experience (MS Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Knowledge of dental procedures and insurance billing codes.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources