Dental Billers issue invoices and submit claims for services rendered by Dentists and Dental Specialists. Dental Billers are often referred to as Dental Coders.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Dental Biller Job Description Template
We are searching for a thorough Dental Biller to join our practice. The Dental Biller's responsibilities include preparing and issuing invoices, and submitting insurance claims, for dental procedures. You should also be able to liaise with insurance providers to elucidate patients' coverage, and to resolve disputes about rejected claims.
To be successful as a Dental Biller, you should possess a thorough understanding of the medical billing process. An outstanding Dental Biller will demonstrate the ability to remain composed during stressful situations.
Dental Biller Responsibilities:
- Creating and issuing invoices for private clients.
- Creating payment plans in consultation with dental staff and patients.
- Processing payments upon the rendering of dental services.
- Preparing and submitting claims for payment by health insurance.
- Informing patients of any co-payments or shortfalls in coverage by their health insurances.
- Liaising with health insurance providers to ascertain patients' benefits, as required.
- Ascertaining why claims have been rejected and implementing corrective measures.
- Updating patients' personal and health insurance details, as needed.
- Ensuring that patient information remains confidential.
Dental Biller Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Prior experience as a Medical Biller, preferably in a dental practice.
- Familiarity with CDT and ICD codes will be advantageous.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Top-notch interpersonal skills with a commitment to excellent customer service.
- Capacity to work with sensitive patient information while maintaining confidentiality.
- Ability to work during evenings and on Saturdays, as needed.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources