A Dean of Students is responsible for the coordination of student-related programs at a university or college. Also known as a higher education administrator, they help respond to students' needs, direct admissions, collaborate with different departments, and plan social programs for students.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Dean of Students Job Description:
Our institution seeks to appoint an experienced Dean of Students who will oversee services provided to students including financial aid, housing, health services, and extracurricular projects.
The successful candidate will identify the development needs of students, work directly with department officials, maintain a productive learning environment, and stay up to date on important student affairs. You should be professional, highly organized, and possess outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Supervise and manage the admissions office and all programs related to this office.
- Serve as a liaison between institution administrators and student departments.
- Create and implement department goals, policies, budgets and working procedures.
- Assess the needs of the student body and respond in a timely and effective manner.
- Provide structure and proactive leadership to ensure university development.
- Provide support to students on issues related to the institution policies, department processes, and student services.
- Direct and manage numerous student incentive programs.
- Conduct regular department evaluations to determine efficiency, and if required, recommend solutions for improvement.
- Prepare annual statistical reports.
- Outstanding verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- Ability to build positive relationships with students, parents and employees.
- Have a strong understanding of higher education institution policies.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Computer literacy skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources