Dean of Students Job Description Template
Our institution seeks to appoint an experienced dean of students who will oversee services provided to students including financial aid, housing, health services, and extracurricular projects.
The successful candidate will identify the development needs of students, work directly with department officials, maintain a productive learning environment, and stay up to date on important student affairs. You should be professional, highly organized, and possess outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
Dean of Students Responsibilities:
- Supervising and managing the admissions office and all programs related to this office.
- Serving as a liaison between institution administrators and student departments.
- Creating and implementing department goals, policies, budgets, and working procedures.
- Assessing the needs of the student body and responding in a timely and effective manner.
- Providing structure and proactive leadership to ensure university development.
- Providing support to students on issues related to the institution policies, department processes, and student services.
- Directing and managing numerous student incentive programs.
- Conducting regular department evaluations to determine efficiency and recommending solutions for improvement.
- Preparing annual statistical reports.
Dean of Students Requirements:
- Outstanding verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- Ability to build positive relationships with students, parents, and employees.
- Have a strong understanding of higher education institution policies.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Computer literacy skills.