Admissions Director Job Description Template
We are searching for a decisive, driven admissions director to lead our admissions department as we examine, define, and conduct our admissions process and promote our school to prospective students and their guardians. The admissions director will help establish and update our procedures and criteria, work with potential students to determine their eligibility, and oversee the admissions process as we evaluate applications and issues decisions. You will also plan and oversee promotional activities and schedule or conduct tours, student interviews, and information sessions.
To be a successful admissions director, you should be committed to promoting your school and attracting top talent. You should be engaging, highly organized, and analytical with exceptional communication skills.
Admissions Director Responsibilities:
- Helping colleges, universities, and other academic institutions establish, examine, alter, and explain admissions guidelines, processes, and requirements.
- Assisting in the admissions decision making process as student applications are evaluated and accepted or denied.
- Providing students, parents, and guardians with information regarding admissions requirements and processes, financial aid applications, enrollment issues, or other procedures.
- Engaging in the recruiting process by planning, coordinating, and overseeing promotional events, campus tours, student interviews, and other admissions activities.
- Reviewing and interpreting student information, including test scores, extracurricular activities, and grades.
- Communicating changes, statistics, and other information to the school president, registrar, and department heads.
- Directing, hiring, and coaching admissions staff members.
Admissions Director Requirements:
- Master’s degree in education or related field, doctorate may be preferred.
- Extensive experience in education or admissions.
- Understanding of statistics, admissions requirements and procedures, school funding, and financial aid application processes.
- Experience with specific schools may be a major plus.
- Ability to analyze and interpret information.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, networking, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with computers.
- Some sales and marketing skills may prove beneficial.