Interview Questions for Academic Coach
1. How do you identify student strengths and weaknesses?
Demonstrates analytical skills.
2. Tell about a time when someone you were coaching achieved a major goal.
Shows coaching skills.
3. What would you do to break the ice and build trust with a difficult student?
Tests communication skills in a tense situation.
4. Provide examples of successful student-specific study plans that you’ve helped develop.
Demonstrates study skills.
5. How do you tell students about some of the underutilized college resources?