Interview Questions for Database Engineers:
1. Which debugging procedures do you follow to optimize database performance?
Tests the candidate's knowledge and experience in evaluating database performance.
2. Can you explain which database processes and procedures you routinely document?
Evaluates the candidate's knowledge of information that needs to be documented, as well as their recordkeeping abilities.
3. In your experience, what technical support do database administrators require?
Demonstrates the candidate's experience in providing technical guidance and their ability to identify support needs.
4. Can you describe a major database engineering problem you successfully resolved?
Assesses the candidate's knowledge and experience with database engineering, as well as their problem-solving skills.
5. How do you manage to stay informed of developments in database engineering?
Reveals the candidate's ability to keep abreast of new database engineering technologies, as well as their knowledge of suitable opportunities and resources.