Interview Questions for Customer Service Specialists:
1. Can you tell me about your experience in customer service?
Assesses the level of expertise and reveals potential strengths and weaknesses.
2. A customer is angry about a defective product. How do you diffuse the situation?
Tests the ability to respond appropriately under pressure, and also reveals the techniques used to deal with angry customers.
3. Think of a time you received bad customer support. What could they have changed?
Demonstrates an understanding of what constitutes good customer service. Also tests the ability to find solutions to problems.
4. A customer gives you a poor customer service rating. How do you respond?
Illustrates the willingness to embrace learning opportunities and the ability to respond appropriately to negative feedback.
5. What makes you a good brand ambassador for [insert the name of the company]?
Reveals knowledge of products/services and the company. May also reveal the overall preparedness for the role.