Interview Questions for Customer Service Associates:
1. How would you keep a customer calm when they have to be put on hold on a call for an extended period while you are working on their inquiry?
A customer service associate needs excellent phone etiquette. The applicant needs to show the ability to give customers an effective phone service.
2. Do you have the ability to sound positive and pleasant on the phone despite feeling the opposite, and why would you say so?
Listen carefully. A customer service associate needs to be friendly and cheerful at all times.
3. Could you give me a detailed definition of excellent customer service?
The potential hire’s answer will give you insight into their understanding of quality service.
4. Can you handle challenging customers effectively, and could you give me examples from past experience to support your answer?
The applicant’s answer to this question will demonstrate their problem-solving and people skills.
5. What would you do if you were unable to assist a customer with an inquiry?
Customer service associates work as members of a team. The prospective hire needs to share their ability to utilize the skills and attributes of team members to provide outstanding customer service.