Customer Service Associate Job Description Template
We are looking for an outgoing customer service associate to assist our customers with product inquiries in a swift, proficient, and friendly manner. The customer service associate will be instrumental in customer retention by addressing concerns and product issues, and by communicating in a professional, positive manner. You will apply your multitasking skills by listening and speaking to customers, navigating computers, and typing call documentation simultaneously. You will have the ability to swiftly gain customer confidence and trust.
To ensure success in this position you will have the ability to maintain a sound knowledge of products and services and be an effective communicator. Top candidates are detail-oriented, motivated, and have excellent people skills.
Customer Service Associate Responsibilities:
- Attending training sessions to grow knowledge of products and to develop customer service skills.
- Resolving phone, walk-in, mail, fax, and email customer inquiries.
- Processing and logging incoming calls into the CRM system.
- Identifying customer needs.
- Forwarding and escalating inquiries to relevant individuals and departments.
- Contacting customers to give them accurate feedback on the progress of their inquiries.
- Providing outstanding customer service.
- Updating customer information as required.
- Maintaining confidentiality of information.
- Performing other duties as the need arises.
Customer Service Associate Requirements:
- High school diploma, GED, or suitable equivalent.
- 1+ years of customer service experience, preferably in a related field.
- Successful completion of provided training.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Experience with CRM preferred.
- Proficient with MS Office suites.
- Excellent phone etiquette.
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong people skills.
- Ability to sit at a desk for extended periods.